Our next Open Morning is; Tuesday 5th November 2019 with the Headteacher and Head of School leading guided tours around the school at 10am and 11am. Please contact the school office to book your visit on; 01462 711637 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Bedfordshire Council operates a catchment area policy although parents have the right to express a preference for another school. At Shillington Lower School we welcome applications from outside our catchment area.
The maximum capacity of our school is 150 pupils and we are able to admit up to 30 pupils in any one year group. If the number of places in a particular year group at a school is not sufficient to meet the requests of all parents, then the local authority will apply the following criteria (in the rank order shown) to determine how the places will be allocated:
- All ‘looked after’ children or children who were previously ‘looked after’
- Children living in the catchment area with siblings at the school
- Children living in the catchment area
- Other children with siblings at the school
- Children who live nearest to the school determined by straight line distance from the school site to the child’s home address
Specific admission arrangements
- The school standard number in a year group is 30
- Catchment area is Shillington, Higham Gobion and Pegsdon (except Tyne Hill Bungalow and Farm), Old Mill Lane and Millstream (Shillington Rd) Gravenhurst, Windmill Farm (Shillington Rd) Meppershall.
Children enter the Foundation Stage class in one intake in the September.
We welcome visits to the school from prospective parents and the Headteacher is always willing to discuss any aspects of school with you. Parents are asked to telephone the school office to make an appointment for a meeting at a mutually convenient date and time. Once you have decided that you wish your child to attend Shillington Lower School, please inform the school office who will guide you through the admissions process.
Further information on how to apply for a school place is available on the Central Bedfordshire Council website at
The School Admissions Service can be contacted on 0300 300 8037, email@example.com.